Snickerdoodles blasted with Cinnadust™ for an epic twist on a cookie classic.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cinnadust, divided
- 1 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, sugars and 1/4 cup of Cinnadust. Beat at medium-high speed, about 4 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and cinnamon. With mixer running at low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Measure dough into 2 tablespoon-sized pieces. Roll into balls, then roll balls in remaining 1/4 cup Cinnadust to coat. Place 3in apart on two parchment-lined sheet trays. Flatten each ball until 3/4in thick.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Let cool on tray for 5 minutes, then cool completely on rack.
- Two of these chewy cookies make a great home for a scoop of Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ice Cream. Add extra Cinnadust or crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal around the edges before freezing.
1 serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 70mg; Potassium 45mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 0.5 Starch, 0.5 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1