Cinnadust™ Hand Pies
Because the only thing better than your own pie is one blasted with Cinnadust.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Cinnadust, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 14oz box Pillsbury™ pie dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, Cinnadust, and melted butter. Mash with fork until evenly moist.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll 1 pie crust. Sprinkle with flour and roll in a 12in circle. repeat with second pie crust.
- Using 3in round cookie cutter, cut 15 circles from each crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- Line 2 large sheet trays with parchment paper. Divide one half of the pie crust rounds between the two sheet trays, spaced 1in apart. Top each round with 1 leveled and gently packed tablespoon of filling. Brush edges with egg mixture. Top each with another crust circle, stretching to fit. Press edges together firmly, then crimp with a fork. Brush tops with remaining egg wash.
- Bake 12-15mins until lightly golden. Let cool on steel tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For icing, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle over hand pies and top with an additional sprinkle of Cinnadust.
- For hand pie pops, press a wooden popsicle stick gently into the bottom portion of the pie crust round. Add filling and top crust, as recipe details. Crimp around the stick well to keep it in place. Bake as directed.
15 Servings: Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 180mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Total Sugar 26; Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 0.5 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 1.5 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2.5