Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ Cereal-Topped French Toast
Amp up your french toast game with the epic taste Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ and Cinnadust™ for an awesome breakfast or brunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 firm, ripe medium bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ Cinnadust™ seasoning blend or cinnamon sugar
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ cereal, finely crushed
- 6 slices (3/4-inch thick) brioche bread
- Plain low-fat yogurt
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add banana slices; sprinkle granulated sugar over top. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring and turning slices over occasionally, until bananas are heated. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (350°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush griddle with vegetable oil or shortening if necessary. In shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons Cinnadust™ seasoning blend with whisk until well combined. In another shallow bowl, pour crushed cereal.
- Dip 1 side of bread slice into egg mixture; soak 5 seconds. Turn slice over, and repeat dipping and soaking. Drain excess back into bowl. Dip 1 side of bread slice into crushed cereal to coat evenly. Place on hot griddle, cereal side up. Repeat with remaining bread slices, egg mixture and crushed cereal. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom is golden brown; turn over, and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cereal side is golden brown.
- Place French toast on serving platter; top with warm bananas. Serve with toppings.
- To make your own cinnamon sugar mixture: Mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Try topping French toast with maple syrup, honey or sliced strawberries. Or, switch from breakfast to dessert by replacing yogurt with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Place cereal in food processor; cover and process to fine crumbs. Or place cereal in large resealable food-storage plastic bag, and roll over it with rolling pin until crushed.
1 Slice French Toast and 1/4 Cup Bananas Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 175mg; Sodium 370mg; Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 26g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 15%; Iron 25%;
Exchanges: 4 Starch, 1/2 Fruit, 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 4.5