Chile-Chocolate Churros Snack Mix
15 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
160 Calories per Serving
Like a snack with a kick? Then get ready to crunch through this epic salty and spicy recipe.
- 6 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ Chocolate Churros cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chille powder
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- Line large 18x13x1-inch pan with waxed paper. Spread cereal on waxed paper.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 60 seconds; stir. Continue heating in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until stirred smooth and melted. Spoon and drizzle melted chocolate evenly over cereal. Sprinkle chile powder over chocolate and cereal. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Gently break up mixture into bite-size pieces, and place in large bowl. Stir in peanuts. Store covered in airtight container.
- To drizzle chocolate more evenly, spoon melted chocolate into resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off one edge of bag, and pipe chocolate on top of cereal.
1/2 Cup Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 9g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1