30 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 30 Minutes Total
The ultimate fried-and-crispy cinnamon treat, made even more epic with Cinnadust. Brace yourselves, people.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs (cold)
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water, milk, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil, add vanilla. Remove from heat, then add flour and salt. Stir until thickened with a wooden spoon (about 30 seconds).
- Return to heat and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly. When dough forms a smooth ball, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- With a hand mixer, beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat 2in of oil to 375 degrees. Then begin piping strips of dough - cutting with a scissor in desired lengths into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd. Fry until golden and transfer to a paper towel.
- Toss with Cinnadust.
- Plate and enjoy.